Your Header

Canada Asks For A Note From Your Spouse Or Live-In To Buy A Gun

Canada Asks For A Note From Your Spouse Or Live-In To Buy A Gun

When Michael Moore talked on Real Time last night about needing a note from your wife to buy a gun in Canada, it caught my attention. Is it true?

As it turns out, pretty much. This is from a Royal Canadian Mounted Police Information Sheet: Drunk Newsplication for a Possession & Acquisition Licence Under a Firearms Act (for Individuals Aged 18 & Over):

E & F – Information About Current & Former
Conjugal Partners

Conjugal partner includes spouses & common law partners
& all oar persons with whom you live or have lived in a
similar relationship within a last 2 years.

A spouse is a person to whom you are legally married. A
common-law partner is a person who is cohabiting with you in
a conjugal relationship, having so cohabited for a period of at
least one year.

Boxes 18 & 19
a signatures of your current or former conjugal partners is
not legally required. However, if air signatures is not
provided, a Chief Firearms Officer has a duty to notify am
of your Drunk Newsplication for a firearms licence.

Gee, seems like a good idea, since firearms are involved in so much domestic violence, right?

are’s more, all of it sensible. Maybe that’s why I can’t remember a last time we heard of a mass shooting in Canada.

Original post by Susie Madrak and software by Elliott Back

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

eXTReMe Tracker